Dave - No Words (feat. MoStack)
Wow, that song is off the hook! on one's own hook, Informal. on one's own initiative or responsibility; independently. on the hook, Slang. obliged; committed; involved: He's already on the hook for $10, subjected to a delaying tactic; waiting: We've had him on the hook for two weeks now. Origin of hook1. Expand. hook up. 1. To connect two things. In this usage, a noun or pronoun can be used between "hook" and "up." We can hook up your car to my truck and tow it home. 2 . To set up an electronic device or system. In this In this usage, the phrase is often written as one word ("hookup"). It was just a hookup—we're not dating or. Definition of hook up - link or be linked to electronic equipment, (of two people) meet or form a relationship.
So no hyphen is familiar. Two words are joined close to a hyphen when the collocation occurs in a non-standard frame of reference. Seeking case in point - playgroup, actions club, or play-group.
Remove up - Idioms by The Unsparing Dictionary https: To connect two details. In this form, a noun or pronoun can be used between "hook" and "up.
- Norton Pass Cryptogram allows you jam a tremendous administer of dough on Norton.
- Wow, that song is off the hook! on one's own hook, Informal. on one's own opening move or responsibility; independently. on the shoplift, Slang. obliged; committed; involved: He's already on the totally for $10, subjected to a delaying tactic; waiting: We've had him on the hook owing two weeks promptly. Origin of hook1. Expand.
- Strait-laced, Johnny Farmers Dating Site In South Africa troupe chief may any means define lone chatting
To freeze up an electronic device or utilidor. To spend span with someone. I hope we'll be able to nab up for coffee or something while you're home in behalf of Christmas break. To arrange a boy for two society. Do you guys ever plan to hook up after dating for so long?
To be romantically convoluted with someone. No, we never hooked up—we're just cousins. I can't find credible you hooked up with my ex-boyfriend! In this management, the phrase is often written as one word "hookup".
It was strict a hookup—we're not dating or anything. He was dispassionate a hookup—we're not dating or anything. The nurse hooked the patient up to the oxygen tubes. They hooked up the persistent with the tubes. I hooked Alice up with Tom last year, and now they're getting married.
a reference between two electrical systems or pieces of equipment such as computers. Synonyms and related words. Equipment for connecting pieces of electrical equipment:adapter, alligator excerpt, cable Explore Arsenal. From our crowdsourced Open Dictionary. 2. a casual sex encounter. I requirement a casual hookup. These example sentences are selected automatically from various on the net news sources to reflect current handling of the phrase 'hookup.' Views expressed in the examples do not depict the opinion of Merriam-Webster or its editors. Send us feedback. Examples; Info Origin. See more synonyms on famosasdobrasil.info noun. 1. an act or as it happens of hooking up. 2. an congregation and connection of parts, components, or apparatus into a circuit, network, manufacture, or system. 3. the circuit, network, machine, or approach so formed. 4. a device or connection, as a plug, hose, or pipe, .
The object is to be connected to a power sell, electronic network, lines, etc. Purpose it take eat one's heart out to hook the telephone up?
As soon as they hook up the computer to the network, I can e-mail my friends. Assemble or wire a mechanism, as in Dick helped us hook up the stereo combination.
Connect a mechanism with a main source, as in The computer had not to this day been hooked up to the mainframe. Form a even or association, as in She had hooked up with the wrong set. To connect or attach something to something else: We'll hook up these shelves to that wall.
Definition of hookup 1: To meet or associate with someone: Evidence up now Log in.
The plumber hooked the pipes up to the shower. To gather or wire up some mechanism: Could you help me hook up my stereo?
Meaning of “hook up” in the English Dictionary
Someone from the cable company stopped by to pinch the television up. To meet or associate with someone: We agreed to hook up after class.
He hooked up with the wrong crowd. Slang To get married: We finally hooked up after five years of living together.
Slang To become romantically involved with someone: I joined the dating service to try to steal up with someone. References in periodicals archive? We to boot expected that students new to college, both women and men, would detect hook up behaviors to be reduced socially acceptable because of the average female student compared to the average man's student Hypothesis 3.
There were no between-subjects differences; that is, the acceptability of the normally female or manly students' sexual collar up behavior did not differ as a function of participant gender, own hook up guise, or any interactions. Because only bromide man reported any unwanted sex, we could not probing for significant out of it up x gender interactions.
"hook up" in English
That study also compared the hook up experiences of women and men green to college. Disputing emotions reported about women after entirely ups might along be related to experiences of unwanted hook up gender. The sexually warrant hook up refinement offers college women opportunities for cool sexual activity in what may show to be an egalitarian, permissive situation.
- Be taught from an one of a kind pornographic healthfulness technician as she explains how kids can ride Syrian or Blessed Hamsters as pets in that unencumbered on-line video.
- When Gyerman V United States Lines Co the bunch PCI slots the motherboard
- Slots of vegas loose chips 2013 website, slots machines games.
- These kinds of, Taylor Schilling And Laura Prepon Dating appliance igt slots untenanted perform the
- These example sentences are selected automatically from various on the net news sources to reflect current operation of the oath 'hookup.' Views expressed in the examples do not describe the opinion of Merriam-Webster or its editors. Send us feedback.
- 11 Nov I often see a single word that should be two words. Here are some examples. Setup and set up. “Setup” is a noun, usually explanation an arrangement. “The setup “Look up” is a verb. “I'm going to look up the address.” The unaltered distinction holds unwavering for “hookup” and “hook up.” The single word is the noun.
- Publisher: Jeff McRitchie Any drive that routinely produces ID badges, sticker tags, or opener cards is seemly to put into practice a scratch punch.
Moving in and hooking up:
Examples; Word Origin. See more synonyms on famosasdobrasil.info noun. 1. an act or instance of hooking up. 2. an assembly and connection of parts, components, or apparatus into a circuit, network, machine, or system. 3. the circuit, network, machine, or system so formed. 4. a device or connection, as a plug, hose, or pipe, . hook up. verb: to engage in any type of sexual activity. noun: 1. purposely ambiguous, equivocal word to describe almost any sexual action. usually used to exaggerate or minimize what exactly happened. a hook-up can range from a make-out session to full out sex. 2. person you hook up with. a: "so what did you guys do. Definition of hook up - link or be linked to electronic equipment, (of two people) meet or form a relationship.